This post brought to you by TABASCO® Original Red. All opinions are 100% mine.
If there's one dish I love with hot sauce, it's Buffalo Wings. Well, it won't be called Buffalo Wings if it doesn't have a kick or even a hint of heat, right? I begged for the recipe from my brother, which I found out later, he got from Game-Day Party Menu. When he emailed it to me, he had strict instructions I use a particular brand of hot pepper sauce. The taste won't be the same if you use another brand, he says. I looked everywhere for that hot sauce, unfortunately, I didn't find it here. What I got instead was TABASCO® Original Red. I grew up with tabasco and that's what came to mind when I couldn't find the other brand.
For those of you who would like to try it out, here's my brother's recipe. Notice I've changed the brand of hot pepper sauce. ;)
- 2 lbs chicken wings (about 12 wings)
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 tbsp. bottled hot pepper sauce, preferably TABASCO® Original Red
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- celery and carrot sticks (optional)
1) Cut off wing tips (discard or reserve for other use such as making stock). Cut wings at the joint. Put chicken wing pieces in a plastic bag. Set aside.
2) Create a marinade by stirring together the melted butter, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the marinade over the chicken pieces in the plastic bag. (Reserve marinade for coating after the pieces come out of the oven.) Seal bag and let marinate at room temperature for half an hour. When marinating is finished, drain marinade and discard bag.3) Place wing pieces on the rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for about 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from oven and baste with reserved marinade. Serve with Blue Cheese Dip and celery sticks.
Well, brother, I have to tell you, the taste isn't the same, you are so right. It's way better than your Buffalo Wings! Try it and you'll know I'm right. :) And by the way, since it's football season and you love entertaining your buddies with your home-cooked meal ideas, why don't you try making your own pizza? Click here for a Pizza Perfected recipe, serve it with tabasco and your buddies will keep coming back for more.