If you're a mom like me, you know that raising a family isn’t always easy. You are busy with your work and taking care of your family, and so are your husband and children. There is just so much to do in so little time. I know being busy is good, but it could also take a toll on your health. Nowadays, there are so many children that are obese because we rely more on fast food meals and unhealthy snacks. Aside from that, most kids would rather stay indoors and tap away with their gadgets.
The secret to
maintaing a healthy weight is, of course, having an active lifestyle. Being active would also mean warding off diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and more.
To do this, it is important to create healthy habits early on. Learn to make smart choices and exercise together as a family. When you set good examples, your children are bound to follow because they love to imitate their parents. Follow the tips below to keep you and your family healthy.
- Eating better. Choose healthy foods and avoid eating processed and oily food.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast. This is important to refuel the body and feel
energzedthe whole day.
- Eat together as a family as often as possible.
- Don't eat too fast and chew your food slowly. It takes 20 minutes for the brain to tell the body that you are full. If you gobble up fast, you tend to eat a lot.
- Nosh on more vegetables and fresh fruits. Aim for a total of 2 cups of fruit and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables each day.
- Eat more whole grains. Examples include oats, brown rice, rye, and whole-wheat pasta. Try to eat at least 3 ounces of whole grains each day.
- Drink plenty of water. If you need to drink milk, choose low-fat or nonfat milk. Avoid sugary drinks such as soda and instant juices.
- Serve a variety of foods.
- Serve food in small portions. As much as possible use healthier oils like olive or coconut oil, It's better to bake, broil, or grill foods to reduce fat.
- Choose snacks that are filling and provide nutrients and energy.
- Take supplements. We don't always get the vitamins and minerals we need daily from the food we eat. Ask your doctor about vitamin supplements for you and your children.
When it comes to vitamins, supplements and medications, I am very particular about the brands. It's important that I choose the brands trusted by most people. I grew up with United Home and I make sure to look for their products first before looking up other brands. With them, it's like a one stop shop because they have everything: kids' vitamins, adult supplements, skin care and women's health.
Aside from their prices being affordable, I love that these products can be found easily in drugstores and leading grocery stores.
See the images below, so you'll have an idea of some of the products you could use for you and your family.
UNITED HOME® BRONCHO 500MG
Generic Name: Carbocisteine
Configuration: 10 Blister Packs x 10 capsules
What is the medicine used for?
• Relief of cough characterized by excessive or
• Help treat respiratory tract disorders such as
Each Tablet contains: Carbocisteine 500mg
SRP: P 4.50
Non-acidic Vitamin C supplement
Format: Capsule 568.18mg
Formulation: Ferrous Sulfate 300mg, Folic Acid 250mcg
• Target Market: Pregnant mothers
20 to 40 YO
• Main Benefit: Treats anemia and eradicates different causes of fatigue, weakness and headache
• Main Benefit: Promotes healthy pregnancy for the mother and baby – healthy blood and avoidance of birth defects
Php 1.05 per piece • Price: Php 3.50 per piece
UNITED HOME® FEVERTAB
Formulation: Paracetamol 500mg Format:
Tablet Configuration: 10 Blister Packs x 10 tablets
What is the medicine used for? • For fever reduction. • For the relief of minor aches and pains.
SRP: P 1.50/PC (INTRO PRICE)
LP: P 1.26/PC
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Children need to sleep fro 9-10 hours and adults, 7-8 hours.
- Move more. Try to get between 30 and 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Short sessions of movement throughout the day add up.
- Lastly, include physical activity in your daily routine. Walk as a family before or after meals. You can also take a hike or go on a bike ride together to make it more fun.
- Teach your kids to be more active in the home. Simple tasks like dusting, vacuuming, gardening, or walking the dog can help them burn calories.
Following these easy steps would ensure your family is healthy and strong.